By Barry Harvey
Read or Download Can These Bones Live?: A Catholic Baptist Engagement with Ecclesiology, Hermeneutics, and Social Theory PDF
Similar christian theology books
Our courting to destiny generations increases basic concerns for moral concept, to which a Christian theological reaction is either attainable and demanding. A dating to destiny generations is implicitly imperative to a lot of today’s such a lot public controversies - over environmental safety, genetic study, and the aim of schooling, to call yet a couple of; however it has acquired little specific or prolonged attention.
A extra ambiguous notice than this, the Church, is scarce to be present in the English Language. ” --John Wesley With such a lot of denominations and differing principles approximately what the church is and does, arriving at a transparent realizing of the church is an impressive problem. The pastors and educators who've contributed to this booklet discover the that means, goal, and serve as of the church, in addition to its constitution.
GOD HIDES is a critique of latest christian religion. It argues that religion shouldn't be understood because the results of non secular looking, yet fairly as rooted in ethical dwelling. beginning with the problem of Bonhoeffer's "religionless Christianity," it argues for a typical morality, after which indicates how that morality ends up in Christian religion.
Holiness is experiencing a renaissance either inside of and past the church this present day. in line with years of conversations with scholars, this approachable theological advent to the Christian doctrine of holiness demanding situations the widely held concept that holiness is basically an ethical classification. the writer explains that holiness is grounded now not in ethics yet within the simple nature of God; it's primarily and completely a divine estate.
- Discipleship in the Present Tense: Reflections on Faith and Culture
- Fully Alive: The Glory of God and the Human Creature in Karl Barth, Hans Urs von Balthasar and Theological Exegesis of Scripture
- The Fall and Sin: What We Have Become as Sinners
- Postmodernism and the Ethics of Theological Knowledge (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- Ageless Faith: A Conversation Between Generations About Church
- Finding God among Our Neighbors: An Interfaith Systematic Theology
Additional info for Can These Bones Live?: A Catholic Baptist Engagement with Ecclesiology, Hermeneutics, and Social Theory