By Keith Berry
In this exam of the ever present perform of bullying between formative years, compelling first individual tales vividly express the lived adventure of peer torment and the way it impacted the lives of 5 various younger ladies. writer Keith Berry’s personal autoethnographic narratives and research upload vital relational conversation, methodological, and moral dimensions to their money owed. the private tales create a gap to appreciate how this type of actual and verbal violence shapes identities, relationships, verbal exchange, and the development of that means between a number of formative years. The layered narrative
- describes the practices constituting bullying and the way formative years paintings to deal with peer torment and its aftermath, principally concentrating on id building and good being;
- addresses modern cyberbullying in addition to other kinds of relational aggression in lots of social contexts throughout race, gender, and sexual orientations;
- is written in a compelling option to be available to scholars in verbal exchange, schooling, psychology, social welfare, and different fields.
Read Online or Download Bullied: Tales of Torment, Identity, and Youth (Writing Lives: Ethnographic Narratives) PDF
Best violence in society books
In stricken societies narratives concerning the earlier are typically partial and clarify a clash from slender views that justify the nationwide self and condemn, exclude and devalue the 'enemy' and their narrative. via an in depth research, educating Contested Narratives unearths the works of identification, ancient narratives and reminiscence as those are enacted in school room dialogues, canonical texts and faculty ceremonies.
This booklet presents a finished, interdisciplinary and holistic research of the socio-psychological dynamics of intractable conflicts. Daniel Bar-Tal's unique conceptual framework is supported via proof drawn from varied disciplines, together with empirical info and illustrative case experiences. His research rests at the premise that intractable conflicts percentage sure socio-psychological foundations, regardless of transformations in context and different features.
A conception that makes an attempt to carry order to the chaotic number of clash often starts off via distinguishing sorts of clash and formulating common explanatory rules that relate and combine them. not like conventional equipment, this ebook describes and explores the structural features of other different types of conflicts, and discusses the real implications concerned for either picking and reaching equipment for resolving clash.
Within the Nineteen Nineties, feminist students at the politics of rape skilled a unexpected surge of curiosity of their, till then, marginal box. Why was once the Nineteen Nineties the appropriate time for rape to develop into a global protection challenge? additionally, why by surprise within the Nineteen Nineties did rape develop into problematized as a world factor not only through the feminist fringes of protest routine but in addition through intergovernmental bureaucracies?
- Communal Violence and Democratization in Indonesia: Small Town Wars (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- Liberalism at Its Limits: Crime and Terror in the Latin American Cultural Text (Pitt Illuminations)
- Living in the Crossfire: Favela Residents, Drug Dealers, and Police Violence in Rio de Janeiro (Voices Of Latin American Life)
- The Human Rights Paradox: Universality and Its Discontents (Critical Human Rights)
- The Peripheral Centre: Voices from India's Northeast
- Our Enemies in Blue: Police and Power in America
Additional resources for Bullied: Tales of Torment, Identity, and Youth (Writing Lives: Ethnographic Narratives)