By Douglas Morgan,Kent S. Robinson,Dennis Strachota,James A. Hough
Many presently on hand texts for this direction be afflicted by a mix of defects that come with a spotlight on federal and kingdom budgeting, a scarcity of a theoretical governance framework, an omission of significant issues, and usually a scarcity of workouts and datasets for scholar use. Budgeting for neighborhood Governments and Communities solves all of those problems.
The publication is outstandingly accomplished and good written, and represents the efforts of veteran authors with either educating and real-world experience.
- Key Features:
- Special specialize in neighborhood executive Budgeting: focuses completely on budgeting on the neighborhood degrees of yank executive, that are answerable for spending forty percentage of the taxes accrued from citizens.
- Integration of thought and perform: instructing circumstances and chapters seize the "lessons discovered" by way of expert practitioners who've wide event in making neighborhood public budgeting paintings at the ground.< /li>
- Polity method of neighborhood Budgeting: offers an creation to neighborhood budgeting because the critical political job that integrates the assets of the neighborhood right into a unified entire. Budgeting is gifted as governance paintings, instead of as a different set of talents possessed via analysts and monetary specialists.
- Legal, old, fiscal and ethical Foundations of neighborhood govt Budgeting: offers readers with an knowing of ways the buildings and tactics of neighborhood budgeting platforms are firmly tethered to the underlying center values, felony ideas and historic improvement of the bigger American federal, nation and native political systems.
- Electronic Datasets and Budgeting routines: the textual content contains entry to vast digital datasets and perform routines that supply considerable possibilities for college students to "learn via doing."
- Extensive thesaurus and Bibliography: covers phrases at the background and perform of neighborhood public budgeting.
Read or Download Budgeting for Local Governments and Communities PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
The proof of Africa’s quick urbanisation are startling. by means of 2030 African towns could have grown by means of greater than 350 million humans and over part the continent's inhabitants may be city. but within the minds of coverage makers, students and lots more and plenty of most of the people, Africa is still a quintessentially rural position.
Qualitative examine equipment for neighborhood improvement teaches the elemental abilities, instruments, and strategies of qualitative examine with unique recognition to the desires of group practitioners. This booklet teaches scholars coming into making plans, neighborhood improvement, nonprofit administration, social paintings, and related utilized fields the middle talents essential to behavior systematic examine designed to empower groups and advertise social swap.
The good migration of farmers leaving rural China to paintings and reside in giant towns as 'floaters' has been an on-going debate in China for the prior 3 a long time. This publication probes into the spatial mobility of migrant staff in Beijing, and questions the town 'rights' matters underneath the city-making flow in modern China.
Urbanization has ruled China's improvement panorama in fresh many years, but the human expenses of this fiscal success are mostly neglected in commentaries at the topic. Urbanization and Public health and wellbeing in China seeks to redress this imbalance through bringing jointly lecturers and researchers from throughout China and Australia to supply clean views on public health and wellbeing matters because of urbanization.
- Small Business and the City: The Transformative Potential of Small Scale Entrepreneurship (Rotman-UTP Publishing)
- Global Research of Cities: A Case of Chengdu
- OECD Territorial Reviews: Sweden 2010
- Rural Analysis and Management: An Earth Science Approach to Rural Science
- Sustainable Mobility in Metropolitan Regions: Insights from Interdisciplinary Research for Practice Application (Studien zur Mobilitäts- und Verkehrsforschung)
- Regaining the Dream: How to Renew the Promise of Homeownership for America's Working Families
Extra resources for Budgeting for Local Governments and Communities