By W. Stephen Gunter
Read or Download Arminius and His Declaration of Sentiments: An Annotated Translation with Introduction and Theological Commentary PDF
Best christian theology books
Our courting to destiny generations increases basic matters for moral concept, to which a Christian theological reaction is either attainable and critical. A dating to destiny generations is implicitly principal to lots of today’s such a lot public controversies - over environmental safeguard, genetic learn, and the aim of schooling, to call yet a couple of; however it has acquired little specific or prolonged attention.
A extra ambiguous be aware than this, the Church, is scarce to be present in the English Language. ” --John Wesley With such a lot of denominations and differing principles approximately what the church is and does, arriving at a transparent realizing of the church is an impressive problem. The pastors and educators who've contributed to this e-book discover the which means, goal, and serve as of the church, in addition to its constitution.
GOD HIDES is a critique of up to date christian religion. It argues that religion shouldn't be understood because the results of religious looking, yet quite as rooted in ethical dwelling. beginning with the problem of Bonhoeffer's "religionless Christianity," it argues for a typical morality, after which indicates how that morality results in Christian religion.
Holiness is experiencing a renaissance either inside and past the church this day. according to years of conversations with scholars, this approachable theological creation to the Christian doctrine of holiness demanding situations the widely held concept that holiness is basically an ethical type. the writer explains that holiness is grounded no longer in ethics yet within the simple nature of God; it truly is primarily and completely a divine estate.
- Martyrdom: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
- Indwelling the Forsaken Other: The Trinitarian Ethics of Jurgen Moltmann (Distinguished Dissertations in Christian Theology Book 3)
- Life Amid the Principalities: Identifying, Understanding, and Engaging Created, Fallen, and Disarmed Powers Today (Pro Ecclesia Series Book 6)
- Grace Alone---Salvation as a Gift of God: What the Reformers Taughts...and Why It Still Matters (The Five Solas Series)
- The Cross in Contexts: Suffering and Redemption in Palestine
Extra info for Arminius and His Declaration of Sentiments: An Annotated Translation with Introduction and Theological Commentary