By Doctor Edgar Pieterse,Susan Parnell,Edgar Pieterse
Drawing at the services of students and practitioners linked to the African Centre for towns, and applying a various array of case experiences, Africa's city Revolution offers a accomplished perception into the main concerns - demographic, cultural, political, technical, environmental and financial - surrounding African urbanisation.
Read or Download Africa's Urban Revolution PDF
Best urban planning & development books
The proof of Africa’s fast urbanisation are startling. via 2030 African towns may have grown through greater than 350 million humans and over part the continent's inhabitants could be city. but within the minds of coverage makers, students and lots more and plenty of most people, Africa continues to be a quintessentially rural position.
Qualitative study equipment for neighborhood improvement teaches the fundamental abilities, instruments, and strategies of qualitative study with particular consciousness to the wishes of neighborhood practitioners. This booklet teaches scholars getting into making plans, neighborhood improvement, nonprofit administration, social paintings, and related utilized fields the middle talents essential to behavior systematic examine designed to empower groups and advertise social switch.
The nice migration of farmers leaving rural China to paintings and dwell in vast towns as 'floaters' has been an on-going debate in China for the prior 3 a long time. This ebook probes into the spatial mobility of migrant employees in Beijing, and questions the town 'rights' concerns underneath the city-making circulate in modern China.
Urbanization has ruled China's improvement panorama in contemporary many years, but the human charges of this monetary fulfillment are mostly neglected in commentaries at the topic. Urbanization and Public future health in China seeks to redress this imbalance by means of bringing jointly teachers and researchers from throughout China and Australia to supply clean views on public health and wellbeing concerns due to urbanization.
- Reinterpreting Sub-Saharan Cities through the Concept of Adaptive Capacity: An Analysis of Autonomous Adaptation in Response to Environmental Changes in ... Security, Development and Peace)
- Community action and planning: Contexts, drivers and outcomes
- The Routledge Companion to Urban Regeneration (Routledge Companions)
- Spatial Planning and Urban Development in the New EU Member States: From Adjustment to Reinvention (Urban and Regional Planning and Development Series)
- Highway Infrastructure and the Economy: Implications for Federal Policy (Rand Corporation Monograph)
- Darwin Comes to Town
Extra info for Africa's Urban Revolution