By Jeffrey T. Freymueller,Peter J. Haeussler,Robert L. Wesson,Göran Ekström
Published by way of the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Geophysical Monograph sequence, quantity 179.
This multidisciplinary monograph offers the 1st smooth integrative precis all for the main surprising energetic tectonic structures in North America.
Encompassing seismology, tectonics, geology, and geodesy, it contains papers that summarize the country of data, together with historical past fabric for these unexpected with the quarter; tackle worldwide hypotheses utilizing information from Alaska; and try very important worldwide hypotheses utilizing facts from this region.
It is geared up round 4 significant themes:
- subduction and nice earthquakes on the Aleutian Arc,
- the transition from strike slip to accretion and subduction of the Yakutat microplate,
- the Denali fault and similar buildings and their function in accommodating everlasting deformation of the overriding plate, and
- regional integration and large-scale versions and using information from Alaska to deal with vital international questions and hypotheses.
The book's booklet close to the start of the nationwide technology Foundation's EarthScope undertaking makes it particularly well timed simply because Alaska could be the least understood sector in the EarthScope footprint, and curiosity within the sector might be anticipated to upward thrust with time as extra EarthScope facts develop into available.
Read or Download Active Tectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska: 179 (Geophysical Monograph Series) PDF
Similar earth sciences books
This quantity assesses the capability underground average fuel garage websites in western big apple nation. The document offers a close examine of chosen formations with strength for fuel garage. An assessment of the prevailing low-deliverability depleted fuel reservoirs and, via research of the geology of south-central long island, an evaluation of strength websites for high-deliverability salt cavern garage is incorporated.
Professional petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally convey you local Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift platforms and Sedimentary Basins, quantity in a three-volume sequence protecting Phanerozoic local geology and tectonics. event in interpreting and assessing rifts—locations the place the Earth’s outer shell and crust were stretched through the years by means of seismic activity—is severe for you as an exploration geologist in determining Earth’s so much profitable hydrocarbon destinations within which extraction is either effective and secure.
In any settler and/or postcolonial society, history is a fancy and contested subject that consists of indigenous, imperial and different migrant elements. In Australia, this example is compounded through the original features of the country's traditional surroundings, the enormous variety of its migrant consumption and the demographic and technological imbalances among its indigenous and settler populations.
Released by way of the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Geophysical Monograph sequence, quantity 179. This multidisciplinary monograph offers the 1st sleek integrative precis interested in the main brilliant lively tectonic platforms in North the United States. Encompassing seismology, tectonics, geology, and geodesy, it contains papers that summarize the nation of information, together with heritage fabric for these unusual with the zone; handle worldwide hypotheses utilizing facts from Alaska; and try very important worldwide hypotheses utilizing information from this zone.
- Terrestrial Depositional Systems: Deciphering Complexities through Multiple Stratigraphic Methods
- Recent Landform Evolution: The Carpatho-Balkan-Dinaric Region (Springer Geography)
- Practical Finite Element Modeling in Earth Science using Matlab
- Geomorphic Analysis of River Systems: An Approach to Reading the Landscape
- Gravity, Geoid and Earth Observation: IAG Commission 2: Gravity Field, Chania, Crete, Greece, 23-27 June 2008: 135 (International Association of Geodesy Symposia)
- Transformations in Hungary: Essays in Economy and Society (Contributions to Economics)
Extra resources for Active Tectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska: 179 (Geophysical Monograph Series)